In Africa, there are currently more than 530 million people that do not have access to electricity. Many millions more suffer from unreliable grids. We are fulfilling an essential need by providing clean, transformative energy to reach even the most isolated and dispersed households in rural Africa.
Our solar-powered smart devices are designed to provide African homes with energy, while acting as a conduit for Internet Services to provide individuals, families, and businesses with access to Information and Entertainment.
The affordability of our systems and financing structures allows our customers to maintain or even reduce their current energy spending while getting better and more reliable access to clean energy. Over and above, our solution is sought to expand business potential of the user and increase household income through access to the Internet, allowing our customers to pursue new learning and income generating activities.
Here are some of our product’s key differentiators:
- Our multi-purpose solution, provides an alternative electricity source to enable multiple uses, such as lighting, USB charging, Internet and TV access.
- Our Internet enabled computing platform provides access to the Internet and digital broadcasting to end-users, without the need for any additional external devices, making it the most energy-efficient product in its category.
- The device has a built-in GSM module to enable “Pay-As-You-Go” (PAYGO) capabilities.
- The device enables unique business opportunities based on partner services.
How our product works:
- The solar panel charges the battery inside the system during the day.
- A solar controller manages the input of energy.
- The battery distributes the energy to the computing platform, speakers, lighting, and USB ports.
- Connection to future add-on products possible.
We have designed a financing structure that allows our partners to provide customers with clean energy at a price that lies within their existing energy budget. Our customers are able to pay for our solar device over time, with an initial deposit followed by daily payments for up to 18 months. Upon completion of their payment plan, our customers own the product outright. By collecting these payments via mobile money, our customers have total control over how and when they pay for our service.
Kenya Green Supply works closely with African distributors and Mobile Operators to get our product into the market and provide effective after sales service to our customers. In 2013 and 2014, we piloted the sales and distribution of other companies’ products to gain a better understanding of the opportunities and challenges of effectively reaching customers even in the most isolated parts of rural Africa. Currently, we are looking to collaborate with other industry players to establish large-scale distribution partnerships in order to maximize the reach of our products, enabling a greater number of households that will be electrified through clean energy, reducing the world’s carbon footprint one household at a time. To discuss collaboration opportunities and see a free demonstration of our product and, please get in touch with us.